Tuesday, May 25, 2010

RELEASE AIDS - USING THE CLICK

I have been getting very frustrated lately with the inconsistent timing of my shots, I feel that I have been losing a lot of points due to some shots taking longer than others to go off. While I was in Croatia, I had a chat to a few archers that were using a back tension and how they were getting consistent timing or if it was something they cared about. One archer I wanted to speak to was Peter Elzinger of the Netherlands... the current World Record holder for the fita round(1419) and both 70mtr and 50mtrs(358 for each). Peter has always been great to talk with and is very open to questions. I watched Peter for a while to see how he was using the release and I could hear very a distinctive click once Peter had got into anchor. I spoke with Peter and conveyed that I had always found it off putting when aiming to hear and feel the click go off. Peter said that he set the release to click so that it was in position as he got into anchor and just before he started his aiming... that way it kept the timing very close for each shot and he could just focus on aiming. He said it took a couple of weeks to get used to the click but now it is just part of his shot routine.
I will definitely be trying this out in the coming weeks. I am waiting on a NEW model of the 2 finger "ONLY" that has a click incorporated into it and also the 2 finger "ATENSION" with a click..... both by CARTER RELEASES

No comments:

Post a Comment