Tuesday, May 25, 2010

AUSTRALIAN FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS

The field event was the first time in 3 years that I had been on a field course and the first time that I had shot the new 6 ring scoring system. It got off to a rocky start as I arrived to the venue with what I thought was plenty of time to set up and have a practice but to find out that the groups were mustering to head out on the course.... the scheduled time had changed and not all archers had been notified.... oh well. I headed out in my grouping with Dennis Carson and Craig Tyson and we slowly made our way around the 24 targets spread throughout the field. I ended up scoring 400 points for the round and that gave me a 4 point lead heading into day 2.
Day 2 started much better and I arrived in time to have a practice and settle in a bit, the day went well again but I was frustrated with the time that it was taking for my shot to go off as they seemed to taking longer than normal, I tried relaxing into the shots more as I thought I might have been trying to hard to score well. I kept trying to make good shots and at the end of the day I finished with another 400 points but my fello group shooter Dennis shot a 409 points to take the lead and the gold medal. I was very happy to finish with the silver medal. Craig Tyson finished with the bronze.

Congrats to Dennis and Craig... good shooting with you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment