Monday, June 21, 2010

WORLD CUP #2 - TURKEY

I was once again looking forward to competing at the second World Cup. We had a team shoot off on the unofficial practice day to select the mens team for the team event... unfortunately I finished 4th which meant I would be supporting the team rather than competing in it.
Another unfortunate thing was that I was starting to feel the effects of a cold coming on.... the official practice was the next day, so in an attempt to save some energy/strength, I decided to shoot only a limited number on ends. Practice went well and I was working on getting my shots off quicker as when I held on to shots too long I lost strength quickly.... so that was going to be the plan for the qualification round, be efficient by executing quicker shots.
Qualification day turned out to be a little windy, but still I had my plan and I was looking forward to competing. The first half went well with only a few shots that I took too long to execute(resulting in poor scoring) and I finished with 347, the second half did not go so well as I started to feel more tired as the each end went on but I still managed to shoot a 338 and qualify in 35th place.
Elimination day conditions were much the same as qualification, slightly windy but still shootable. I again wanted to get my shots off quicker and be positive with my shooting. Unfortunately I did not make it into the second round as I was knocked out in 3sets.. my opponent won each set by scoring a perfect 3 hits for each set, I scored 1-3-2.... oh well, win some/lose some. It was disappointing in getting a cold during the tournament but some times these things are unavoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment